Made especially for leathers exposed to foul weather and hard service. Use on Saddles, Boots, Chaps, Gun Scabbards, Luggage, Holsters, Bridles, and any leather parts for your horse and outdoor gear.
- Remove all sweat, gummed oil and dirt from the leather by washing with warm water and glycerine saddle soap.
- Have leather warm when applying.
- When leather is nearly dry, apply SADDLE BUTTER® and rub it in well with your hands. The warmth of your hands will help the tallow and waxes penetrate the pores of the leather.
- If preferred, warm SADDLE BUTTER® – with lid removed – in a pan of boiling water until soft, or microwave for 20 seconds.
- Apply with woolskin, cloth, soft brush or hands. Apply several coats to all leather which comes into contact with horse to give extra protection from the salt and moisture of perspiration.
- On flower-stamped leathers, apply light coats and wipe off surplus with a clean cloth.
- Any accumulation in depressions of stamping should be removed at once with a dry soft brush.
- Carnauba wax can leave a white residue if applied too thick or too cool.
- Remove excess with a soft brush and buff the carnauba wax into leather with a cloth or woolskin.
For over 80 years SADDLE BUTTER® has been unexcelled in protecting saddles and gear from leather’s three worst enemies: sun, wet weather and sweat. SADDLE BUTTER® contains a combination of ingredients including beeswax and Brazilian carnauba wax, tallow and PURE® neatsfoot oil. Each ingredient is a pure animal or plant product. Absolutely NO modern synthetics, mineral oils, or commonly-used leather-treating chemicals — which break down and slowly rot the natural fibers of fine leather goods— are used in the SADDLE BUTTER® dressing.